David Haye: I don’t have much sympathy for Tyson Fury

Mofo2

DAVID HAYE said he briefly sympathised with Tyson Fury when Dereck Chisora pulled out this week, then he remembered the criticism he received from the giant heavyweight in the past and no longer did. “Not really,†said Haye, who twice withdrew from fights against Fury with injuries. “He’s given me so much stick. I felt bad for him in that the fight was postponed but since then I’ve heard his comments about me and my gut instinct is he doesn’t deserve to be a millionaire.

“What I found quite amusing was the fact that he thinks he is this big time superstar and the only reason anyone knows him is he was linked to fighting me a couple of times. He thought he made it and he could make millions from ticket sales, maybe Chisora thought the same after we sold 35,000 in Upton Park, but with them together, and even with an undercard of ticket-sellers, they hadn’t sold that many. That’s what amazed me. Neither of them have very big fanbases.â€