Billy Joe Saunders on Eubank jnr

Mofo2

Last night Southpaw Saunders, 24, stopped tough, unbeaten Italian Emanuele Blandamura with a crunching eighth-round right hook to land the EU strap and add them to his British and Commonwealth belts. Asked why his bitter rivalry with Eubank Jr had developed, Saunders toldsportinglife.com: "I don't disrespect people and say I'm going to knock them out if I don't know them. But he said he's going to knock me out in four or five rounds so let's stop talking about it and see if he can because it's p***ing me off a little bit now.

"He's talking it all the time but I'm the one doing it. We're the same age, had the same number of fights but I'm the British, Commonwealth, WBO international and now the European champion. What is he? He's fighting bums isn't he ... he shouldn't even be mentioning my name.

"Let's do it - if he wants to fight I'll fight him tomorrow ... But I don't think he wants the fight because he hasn't got the balls to do it.

"He likes his name mentioned but where is he? I want to forget about him and move on to bigger and better things. I'll sit down with [promoter] Frank [Warren] next week and we'll decide where to go from here."

Saunders took his record to 20-0 (11KOs) by adding a third belt to his collection with victory over Blandamura.