Woodhouse 'embarrassed' by Harrison Twitter row

Mofo2

Curtis Woodhouse has apologised to Scott Harrison after the boxers were involved in an X-rated Twitter row over the weekend.

The pair traded virtual blows on Saturday as they watch Ricky Burns' victory over Alexandre Lepelley.

Harrison, who was arrested at his Glasgow home last week and faces extradition to Spain to serve a four-year sentence for assault charges dating back to 2012, told his 3,000 followers that he would "school that kid on boxer and split his face wide open".

Woodhouse replied, writing: "Your local pub? I'll bash you up there no probs son. Red Lion tomorrow at 8."

The conversation got personal, with Harrison writing: "Once I finish f****** yer ma I'll be there". Woodhouse, turning to Harrison's potential prison sentence, replied: "Wonder who's having a go on ya wife while you're away?"

Woodhouse, a former professional footballer with Birmingham City and Sheffield United, added: "He's going to jail. His career is over. Scott's finished, nobody cares about him."

But speaking to ESPN's Steve Bunce, Woodhouse admitted he was "embarrassed" and "in the wrong".

"I've looked back at some of the comments I've made and I'll apologise to Scott today because some of the things I said, looking back, I regret," he told Buncey's Boxing Podcast.

"It's not big and it's not clever for me to say the things I've said to Scott Harrison.

"Listen, he threw a few insults my way but Scott's had problems in the past and it's not big or clever for me to make fun of them.

"Some of the things I've said I'm a little embarrassed about. I'm a grown man so I can say sorry when I'm in the wrong - and I was in the wrong."

Woodhouse, who combines his boxing career with being manager of non-league Goole AFC, also told ESPN he would be back in the ring in the coming months.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/353735.html#dDLbIS4K7QEPHibJ.99