Tszyu can't get rid of his love for boxing

Mofo2

Reunited with famous foe Ricky Hatton after nine years, Kostya Tszyu wants to put boxing behind him, but says it's an impossible task

Tszyu and Hatton hugged and mugged for the cameras in Sydney on Saturday in their first meeting since the Briton dethroned the Russian-born Australian in an epic light welterweight world title bout in Manchester in 2005.

The mutual respect they showed in their gracious post-fight interviews was evident again.

"He's a nice guy and gentleman," Hatton said.

"As tough as that fight was, once you've gone through that together, there's a bond that will never die."

Tszyu hasn't fought since that bout and has never officially retired, but on Saturday made it clear he had no plans to return to the ring.

"I have a very good agreement with my mum, who never wants to see me in the ring, that's why I'm not there," Tszyu said.

"I enjoy myself. I've got other things in my life, I'm very busy."

Now living in Moscow, Tszyu is a businessman with an interest in the water industry.

He has no major involvement in boxing, though he still retains his gym in Sydney and his son Nikita is a promising amateur fighter.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/tszyu-cant-get-rid-of-boxing-bug/tabid/91/newsid/147171/default.aspx