WBC counterfeit belt distribution

GRIM

I'm wondering who would buy a fake belt in the first place?

WBC come out fighting over counterfeit belt distribution

The World Boxing Council is taking strong action against all counterfeiters and distributors or unauthorized WBC merchandise.

That includes the U.K.-based company selling unauthorized WBC belts through the website www.WBCBelts.com

The WBC will not hesitate to use its considerable legal expertise and any available resources to prevent the distribution of pirate and fake WBC belts, which the www.WBCBelts.com's operator claims are authentic WBC products.

WBC Championship belts represent the zenith of a boxer's career. Many fighters devote their entire boxing lives to the quest of winning what most boxing experts recognize as the most prized and precious belt of them all: the green and gold belt.

The WBC Championship belt is the most sought-after recognition of the supreme talent, achievement and accomplishment of its wearer.

WBC President Mauricio Sulaimán Saldívar stresses: "WBC belts never have been and never will be for sale! They are sacred, and the WBC will go to the full extent of the law to defend their integrity and to stop anyone selling unauthorized belts, which are illegal pirate products."

WBC Executive Special Counsel Alberto León states that the WBC is instituting a legal proceeding under the provisions of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"). The primary aim of the ICANN action is to force the company in question to immediately stop using and/or surrender its infringing domain name.

Furthermore the WBC has reported www.WBCBelt.com´s nefarious activities to the U.S. Border and Customs Protection, with the avowed aim to prevent the importation of fake WBC belts into the United States. The WBC has also contacted websites and other media outlets with an alert about that company.

The WBC will continue to vigorously protect and defend the impeccable reputation and prestige of the World Boxing Council Green and Gold Belts by all means available and against all manufacturers, distributors and sellers of unauthorized WBC products.

I'm wondering who would buy a fake belt in the first place?

I would.

having a replica belt is cool to me , would fit nicely in my collection