Crolla Shock Hits Big Fight Date!

Mofo2

Anthony Crolla who, through an act of bravery, now finds his ambitions of fighting for a world title put on hold.

Crolla is currently in hospital with a fractured skull and a broken ankle after deciding to confront burglars who had burgled his neighbours property.

Upon confronting one of the criminals, in his own garden, Crolla was hit over the head with a concrete slab which fractured his skull and also inflicted a deep cut. He suffered the broken ankle during the subsequent fall.

Crolla’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, confirmed he was in a ‘stable condition’ in hospital before also remarking to the media,

“He confronted burglars and was hit on the head by either a brick or concrete slab. He is in hospital where they are carrying out a scan.â€

Moving on to talk about Crolla’s forthcoming WBA world lightweight title fight, in Manchester, on January against the WBA champion Richar Abril, Hearn added,

“Unfortunately the 23 January fight is off but our concerns right now are with Ant and his family.

“I’m devastated for him. He has been training for six weeks for this and has a shot at a world title in his own home town.

“You ask anyone in boxing and I doubt you will find a nicer kid than Ant. I’m absolutely gutted for him.

“I have spoken to Richar Abril’s team and we are trying to reschedule the fight.â€