Classy Mitchell Destroys Estrada

Mofo2

Last night, at the O2 Arena, in London, Dagenham’s Kevin Mitchell produced a boxing master-class.

Fighting in a WBC world title eliminator, Mitchell was matched against the Mexican Daniel Estrada.

Estrada, in his previous fight, had fought for the word title himself and was expected to give Mitchell a torrid fight.

However the Dagenham fighter looked a different class from the first bell and picked off Estrada with ease forcing the Mexican onto the back foot with some skilful boxing.

Estrada knew he was in a difficult fight when he was floored in the third round but Mitchell, remaining cool, calm and collected didn’t waste energy going for the finish.

Instead the 30 year-old kept to the game-plan of out-boxing the Mexican and winning every round.

By round eight Estrada was struggling badly and it came as no surprise when the referee stepped in to prevent the boxer from receiving further punishment.

For me, Mitchell produced the best performance of his life and if he takes this kind of form into the ring, Mitchell will get that elusive world title, at the third attempt.

Top performance by Mitchell and quite possibly him starting to show his potential at long last; as far as I am concerned he deserves a little credit for this performance as its another step nearer to getting his career back on track!!

• Members

Top performance by Mitchell and quite possibly him starting to show his potential at long last; as far as I am concerned he deserves a little credit for this performance as its another step nearer to getting his career back on track!!

I always believed he would realize his potential...eventually. I hope he gets to fight Linares soon. Because that's a winnable fight for him.