MANNY PACQUIAO SPARRING FORMER UFC FIGHTER DASHON JOHNSON TO PREPARE FOR FLOYD MAYWEATHER

blackrican23

"Honestly, it's a dream come true. Watching Manny over the years and seeing him progress and him actually having me in camp for arguably the biggest fight in history, it's honestly a blessing and I couldn't be more happy just to be here," stated former UFC lightweight contender Dashon Johnson, who recently revealed to Elie Seckbach of ESNews.com that he's been sparring with 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao as he prepares for the May 2 showdown with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. Johnson, who suffered back-to-back submission losses during his brief stint in the UFC, was released from the organization after he violated his contract when he participated in a professional boxing match.

Although the UFC allows it's fighters to participate in grappling competitions outside of the organization, they're not permitted to take part in striking competitions. Johnson, who sports a 9-2 mixed martial arts record, has also been a professional boxer since 2008. His boxing record, however, isn't quite as impressive. In 37 fights, he's won 15, lost 19, and had 3 draws. Some of his notable losses came to Sergio Mora, Joshua Clottey, Jermell Charlo, Glen Tapia, and ironically Luis Arias, who was still fighting under the Mayweather Promotions banner at the time. One can't help but wonder if a 15-19-3 fighter is the type of sparring that Pacquiao needs to prepare him for Mayweather. Fortunately, he's also sparring with young undefeated up-and-comers Rashidi Ellis and Kenneth Sims Jr., as well as a few others. Perhaps Johnson provides a better "Mayweather look" that the other sparring partners may not be able to emulate.

So this scrub is 9-2 in cage fighting

watched his fight with the more boring charlo i can see somethings that can be used 

In my opinion the only sparring partner that can best prep Manny for Floyd would be Rigo :tup

why and how do you see rigo as beneficial G. ?

i watched this fight looking to see what johnson does as he says to emulate floyd obviously he doesnt fight like floyd but i see some things that are similar and guess he could mimic floyd more if asked to do so

but he doesnt have the speed or movement which is the biggest factor 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvcucf_2012-11-24-jermell-charlo-vs-dashon-johnson_sport

Rigo is slick, fast hands, very technical, excellent defense etc

yes i know what rigo brings to the table but aside from just matching skills how does he get you ready for PBF? Do you not try and get guys that do similar things or can mimic tendencies? Rigo to jumping orthodox and shoulder rolling doest seem too logical as it not what he brings 

how does he get you ready for PBF?

By the simple fact that he is hard to hit and so id Floyd, Manny will have to become more precise. 

Do you not try and get guys that do similar things or can mimic tendencies? 

yes to a certain extent, but no one can do it like Floyd can