Anthony Joshua: Kevin Johnson doesn't worry me... I've had tougher fights in the streets and worse beatings from my dad!

Mofo2

Anthony Joshua has fired back at his next opponent Kevin Johnson by claiming he has taken worse beatings from his dad than he ever will at the hands of the American. Former world title challenger 'Kingpin' Johnson was ringside as Joshua crushed Raphael Zumbano Love within two rounds to go 12-0 in Birmingham on Saturday night. But Johnson insists it will be unlucky 13 for the Olympic champion, declaring that he will shock the UK with an 'easy' knock-out of Joshua when the pair clash on the treble world title bill at the 02 Arena on May 30.

However Joshua has laughed off the 36-year-old's prediction, saying he has taken care of much tougher propositions outside of the ring already.

'Kevin Johnson isn't a worry to me,' the Londoner said. 'I've been in tougher fights in the street. 'I've got worse beatings from my old man – I'm not worried about Kevin Johnson. I've fought tougher guys than Kevin Johnson.

'I feel quite confident that he might be a name on paper but I've had harder fights and it gives me confidence I'll be able to deal with him in good fashion.'

Johnson has been in with Vitali Klitschko, Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora over the course of his 36-fight career, which has yielded 29 wins so far. He is well known for his durability and has never been stopped.

So May 30 represents the first real test of Joshua's career, given he has so far never been past the third round in any of his 12 knock-out wins.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3075996/Anthony-Joshua-Kevin-Johnson-doesn-t-worry-ve-tougher-fights-streets-worse-beatings-dad.html#ixzz3Zrk95CfE 

2881952D00000578-3074975-image-a-45_1431