Cotto sends message to Canelo

Mofo2

Cotto witnessed Canelo's recent stoppage win over the inactive James Kirkland in Texas, but had a message for the former WBC 154lb champion as he prepares to secure the win needed to put the wheels in motion for their clash once again.

"I am ready for my fight. I will do the job as Freddie Roach has well prepared me," said Cotto.

"Anything that HBO has thought, or any plan of Oscar De La Hoya or Alvarez doesn't worry me as facing James Kirkland and Erislandy Lara is not the same as fighting against Miguel Cotto," he added.

WBA and IBO title holder Gennady Golovkin cemented his position as the number one contender to Cotto with a win against Willie Monroe at the weekend and is sure to be part of any future Canelo talks as the WBC's mandatory challenger.

Golovkin will need to agree to step aside for Canelo and hold off until 2016 for De La Hoya's dream fight to come to fruition and there are still many obstacles to manoeuvre in order to rubberstamp the highly sought-after encounter.

• WBF OG

Joto doesn't need to send a message to anyone.  He'll end up looking like Nosferatu the way he did when he fought Fraudburrito and Pac if he ever fights Ginger or GGG.

Nosferatu-horror-movies-16124764-1287-95

Miguel-Cotto-Margarito29.jpg

pacquiao-vs-cotto-2.jpg

• WBF OG

wait....WHAT THE???????????????

I think Freckles beats him and you think he loses to Cotto?

The hell is happening here?

Cotto is top drawer :coffee I know you only like one particular rican and would support a Mexican over one everytime :coffee but I dont think he can beat him with Freddie regressing his style to one that was so successful!!    

• WBF OG

I think cotto ends a bloody mess and quits on his stool if he fights Freckles and gets ko'd in about 6 if he fights GGG

GGG is a tougher option for sure; but he whoops pretty much very fight in or around his division so that wouldnt be a surprise!!