O'Sullivan: Eubank Jr. is a Gutless Coward

Mofo2

Gary 'Spike' O'Sullivan has called out all world middleweight champions and branded Chris Eubank Jr 'a gutless coward.'

The Irishman suffered his only career defeat two years ago - a points defeat to new WBO world title challenger Billy Joe Saunders - and has caused a stir in America lately with both his punching power and outlandish behaviour.

O'Sullivan stopped Milton Nunez at Madison Square Garden in March and back in May, caught the eye in Boston on the James DeGale v Andre Dirrell undercard by blasting aside Melvin Betancourt in two rounds to the delight of the local Irish contingent.

With his compatriot Andy Lee, Kazakh kingpin Gennady Golovkin, the newly-crowned David Lemieux and Puerto Rican hero Miguel Cotto holding the belts, O'Sullivan earmarked Lemieux and Lee as the fights he'd be most keen on.

Of Lemieux, the 30-year-old said: "Now there’s a fight I’d love to take. I’d fight him in his Montreal hometown, his backyard, his bathroom, anywhere. He wouldn’t be able to bully me.

"Everyone knows I can bang – David Lemieux is a man to be respected because of his power, but I know he’d respect mine after we got it on. There’s no man I fear in the middleweight division but it seems there’s a lot of people that fear me.

"The so-called top contenders are running scared. None more than Daddy’s Boy [O'Sullivan's name for Chris Eubank Jr]. He’s a gutless coward and I’d love nothing more than to shut his arrogant gob.

"I put up a request on social media for my fans to spread the word if they wanted to see me and Junior get it on in Limerick. My fans would love to see me clatter him senseless and they responded just how I thought they would. It’s a fight everyone wants to see.

"Eubank Jr, David Lemieux, the great Gennady Golovkin, Puerto Rican legend Miguel Cotto – I want them all. These are the fights I want to be in if I am to be as great as I know I can be.

"And a fight between me and Andy Lee? Like 10 Christmases come together. A great fighter, even better man, but as much as I like him, it would only end one way ... Spike as middleweight champion of the world.â€

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=92966