WBC Confirms Amir Imam in Line For Viktor Postol Shot

blackrican23

The World Boxing Council have confirmed that unbeaten junior welterweight contender Amir Imam (18-0, 15KOs) is the next fighter in line for a mandatory shot at newly crowned WBC junior welterweight champion Viktor Postol (28-0, 12 KO).

This past Saturday night Postol registered an unexpected tenth round knockout of big favorite, Lucas Matthysse, at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

The WBC did not specify when exactly that fight will be ordered or if Postol will be allowed to have voluntary defense beforehand. Per the WBC's own rules, usually when a fighter wins a vacant world title they then have to make two mandatory defenses - as was the case with Bermane Stiverne who was ordered to face Deontay Wilder and Bryant Jennings back to back.

The 140-pound division was held up for a long time while then champion Danny Garcia was making voluntary defenses above the weight limit and paid Postol to step aside.

In his last fight, Imam knocked out Fernando Angulo in the fourth round of their July bout at the Don Haskins Center of El Paso, Texas.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=96637

Sound like a great match up after this and maybe after my jury will not be still out on Iman.

this

i read others rave about Imam more then i see with my eye balls, good ammy so he might be the goods