What you hard core boxing fans say about this?

GRIM

Rousey on the cover of Ring Magazine :?

post-1-0-38633600-1445908107_thumb.jpg

“The Ring” launched in 1922 as a magazine focused on boxing and professional wrestling. As pro wrestling became more spectacle rather than sport, the publication shifted entirely toward “the sweet science,” declaring itself “The Bible of Boxing.”

Almost 100 years after the magazine’s debut, a UFC star has taken over the cover. “Ring” posted an image on Instagram of the upcoming January cover featuring Ronda Rousey (12-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

“She conquered MMA. Is boxing next?” the cover reads.

Now would seem like the best time for a boxing publication to get in on the Rousey media takeover. The UFC women’s bantamweight champion is set to face one of the best female boxers in recent history when she takes on former multi-division boxing champion Holly Holm (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in the pay-per-view main event of UFC 193, which takes place Nov. 14 at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.

Still, the reception on social media was cold, to say the least.

“She’s ufc focus on boxing,” read one of the first comments on the photo. They didn’t get any better from there:

“Why is she on ring magazine tho shouldn’t she be on “octagon magazine” or some sh-t.”

“This must be some kind of joke.”

“What about the current women champions? Why put this hype job from another sport on the cover?”

“Lets keep The Ring ‘the bible of boxing’ a BOXING MAGAZINE . Leave that UFC sh-t for their own magazine. F-cking disgrace.”

“Wtf, dumbest sh-t I’ve seen a boxing magazine do.”

The comments are still rolling in, but it’s safe to say that this issue might have missed the mark with Ring’s target audience.

• WBF OG

its a last gasp to sell magazines since no one reads it anymore.

might as well make money off them mma fags.

golden boy suking dana off nothing more, i dont think anyone in boxing has fears that arouse me is going to take over .

sheeeet i was more upset they cast her for the lead in the roadhouse remake, daulton was a bad ass character RIP Patrick Swayze