Hughie Fury lines up 'major title fight in March

Mofo2

The 21-year old – cousin to unified world champion Tyson Fury – last fought in December, when he stopped fellow Brit Larry Olubamiwo in the first round.

Having fought four times in 2015 – including a convincing points victory over Andriy Rudenko – Fury (18-0, 10 KO) now feels ready to compete at the highest level, with March set to be a big step on his way to achieving his dream.

“My fight has pretty much been confirmed and it is a good test for me and I am really looking forward to it now,” Fury exclusively told World Boxing News.

“I can confirm that it will be a twelve-round fight against a top ten opponent and a major title will be on line. Details of the date and opponent will be announced this week, but I know the bout will definitely take place in March.

“It’s exciting to have this next contest sorted because it does get frustrating trying to get opponents. We are in camp at the moment and everything is going very well. I am a lot bigger and it will be a completely different me on fight night,” he added.