Bute Says He's Back Mentally From Froch Loss

Mofo2

"I was an undefeated boxer during my preparation leading up to the fight with Carl Froch. I knew nothing of the impact and consequences of defeat. I discovered the hardships of losing. It was very hard to live with what happened.The defeat made me lose some confidence in my abilities and it showed in my fight against Denis Grachev. I was hesitant in my performance. It took some time, but I am back and hungry for victory. I will not repeat any of my errors against Pascal. It's been a while since I've been at such peak physical condition. I miss this feeling. Pascal is very present in my head. When I walk into the gym, I think of Pascal. I visualize the fight all the time, sometimes even while having dinner with my team."

• Members

Still, Pascal WILL be a tough fight. But he's not really something you can call a technician, he's more about speed, reflexes, athletic gifts...and some power.

• Members

Bute almost lost to Grachev, tough bastard that he is. Pascal will smoke him and I dont even rate Pascal very highly. Bute has been extremely overrated his entire career, and his ponytail was annoying as fuck.

Maybe it is so. Bute is not a safe bet in any top level fight now. But against Grachev he showed he ain't completely done yet. Pascal can ko him but he can also fall flat if he doesn't do it in the first half.