Old Ass Topic,I don't care.

mexfighter

• WBF OG

I'm fairly new to this site so I haven't ready most of your opinions on the Taylor/Chavez stoppage.

Were you in agreement?  Most who say "Taylor deserved those two seconds" are being unfair to Chavez.  In that case, the ref should have allowed the fight to continue, the bell rings, Chavez gets to land for 2 seconds AFTER the bell rings, too.  Why didn't Chavez deserve two seconds, too?  He definitely would have had time to rush him if he got 182 seconds and probably put Taylor in a coma.

Thoughts?

• WBF OG

Ironically, if Taylor had just stayed down, he wins the fight because he would have been saved by the final bell, the only bell that can save you in that fight.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mexfighter said:

if Taylor had just stayed down

The main thing here is the time left in the round, which Chavez, Taylor, and Steele did not know the exact time left. Boxers get up from knock downs due to instinct most of the times. I also thought that this fight should have been allowed to continue. But I also understand the ref's position and situation. Its a hard call in a split second to make. 

• WBF OG

Allowed to continue?  There are factors as to why it shouldn't have been.

1.  he didn't reply

2.  he was using the ropes to stay up

3.  if you look at chavez' reaction behind Steele's shoulder, its obvious duva came into the ring.  that also explains how he got there within a second or 2 after the fight was stopped

4.  If the knockdown had happened at 1:28 of the 7th round, no one would have argued the stoppage.  There should be no difference as to what time and what round the fight was at.

I've yet to read a good argument as to why it should have been allowed to continue.

it was just one of those things , those of us watching it live at that moment felt robbed by steele because we had clock in our faces, but meldrick paid for that fight with his career