Broner in the slammer

GRIM

ADRIEN BRONER LOCKED UP IN OHIO Over Reckless Driving Conviction

Adrien Broner is behind bars in Ohio -- and will be there for the next 10 days -- to serve his punishment stemming from a previous reckless driving conviction. 

Here's what we know ... Broner was sentenced to 6 months probation back in July 2015 stemming from a drunk driving arrest in which he told the officer he was super rich and famous

He later pled no contest to reckless driving. 

But according to court documents, Broner violated his probation in November 2015 -- and was sentenced to 10 days behind bars. 

Broner appeared in court this morning -- and pled guilty to probation violation and formally began his 10 day sentence. 

He's currently behind bars at a jail in Hamilton County, Ohio. 

Shit just got real!

Adrien Broner, fresh off a victory over Ashley Theophane on April 1, was indicted Thursday on robbery and assault charges stemming from a lawsuit filed following a January incident with another man. 

Per the Associated Press' Joe Kay (via Yahoo Sports), Broner's indictment represents the "next step in [the] prosecutors' case against the former WBA super lightweight champion."

Per the AP report, Broner's indictment on aggravated robbery is a first-degree felony charge and "carries a maximum sentence of three to 10 years." He was also indicted on second-degree charges of felony assault and robbery with sentences ranging from two to eight years. 

The alleged incident took place at a bowling alley in Cincinnati earlier this year, with Mitchell Abramson of RingTV reporting specific details of what a source said happened:

oh well cant say i feel for this asshole , his idol went to jail he does everything big bro does just bigger  , 3-10 bye bye career 

• 3 months later...

Broner was ordered Tuesday to spend 30 days in jail

Former world-champion boxer Adrien Broner was ordered Tuesday to spend 30 days in jail after he didn’t show up for a scheduled trial.

Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Robert Ruehlman found Broner, 26, in contempt of court.

Broner was scheduled to stand trial Tuesday morning on charges of felonious assault and aggravated robbery in connection with a Jan. 21 incident outside Madison Bowl. He had been free on bond since being charged.

When Broner didn’t appear in court, Ruehlman issued a warrant for his arrest. Broner did eventually show up around noon, but Ruehlman still imposed the jail sentence.

Broner, who people in the courtroom said looked to be ill, told Ruehlman that “somebody put something in my drink” the previous night. He added: “I don’t even drink. I didn’t drink last night.”

“You don’t look well. You look like you have a hangover,” Ruehlman said, according to a transcript of the hearing.

“I have been sick all morning,” Broner responded . “When I finally got well, I called my lawyer.”

“It’s not a good excuse,” Ruehlman said. “He looks like he’s drunk or hungover. To coin a little boxing phrase – you’re not ducking this one.”

Broner’s attorney, Will Welsh, told The Enquirer that Broner accepts the judge’s ruling.

“He certainly apologizes and understands why the judge was upset,” Welsh said in an interview.

Court documents say Broner pointed a handgun at a West Chester man during a betting dispute over $14,000 and then knocked him unconscious. The incident has also led to a lawsuit against Broner, who lives in Cincinnati.

In a Twitter post Monday, Broner said: “Today will be the DAY I change everything about my lifestyle at this point of my life #AboutBillions.”

The alleged victim in the case also did not show up for Tuesday’s trial, and hasn’t attended any previous court hearings, Welsh said.

Ruehlman told Broner he may have dismissed the case Tuesday if Broner had been in the courtroom on time.

Broner’s super lightweight title was taken away before a fight in April after he was four-tenths over the 140-pound limit and then didn’t try to lose it. He won that televised fight, which was in Washington, D.C.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/18/2016 at 0:47 AM, GRIM said:

About Bail, is out of jail and could be fighting in October.

Well the above quote is almost 100% true, he just did not fight in a ring :palm 

Adrien Broner Cited for Misdemeanor Battery:

Boxer Adrien Broner was cited for misdemeanor battery after allegedly choking a waitress at Drai's nightclub in Las Vegas early Sunday morning, according to TMZ Sports. 

Per that report, the waitress told authorities that Broner put his hands around her neck and threatened her, saying "I will knock you out." The incident was reportedly caught on camera, and a witness corroborated the story, though Broner maintained his innocence and was not arrested. He will have a pending court date, however. 

I couldnt be more pleased that the fucker got what he deserved...scumbags with money usually get away with this kind of shit that me and you wouldnt!! 

• Upvote 1