Ex-world champion Ruenroeng TKO’d by 21-year-old amateur, Ex-champ N’Dam loses by shut out to 23-year-old amateur

blackrican23

hearty-laugh.gif

In shocking lightweight final, former IBF flyweight world champion Amnat Ruenroeng (17-1, 5 KOs) of Thailand, rated #8 by the WBO and #9 by the WBC at flyweight, was stopped by 21-year-old amateur Lindolfo Delgado Garza of Mexico in the second round on Friday on the final day of the APB/WSB Olympic qualification tournament in Vargas, Venezuela. Stunning result considering until just six weeks ago Ruenroeng was a world champion. Despite the humbling loss, Ruenroeng will still advance to the Rio Olympic Games.

In a lightweight box-off for an Olympic spot, unbeaten WBA #11 featherweight Carmine Tommasone (15-0, 4 KOs) of Italy, a former EBU-EU champion, edged 21-year-old Yasin Yilmaz of Turkey to get into the Rio Games.

In the light heavyweight final, former WBO interim middleweight champion Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam (33-2, 19 KOs), who is currently rated WBC #6 and WBO #8 at middleweight, lost a one-sided three round unanimous decision to 23-year-old Colombian Juan Carlos Carrillo. Carrillo, a big puncher, stalked N’Dam the whole fight and won 30-27 on all three cards. Like Ruenroeng before him, N’Dam N’Jikam will advance to the Rio Olympic Games despite the loss.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ex-world-champion-ruenroeng-tkod-by-21-year-old-amateur-345237

• WBF OG

lindolfo....the fuck kind of name is that?

that's worse than wally, Clarence, Wilbur, or orville.

what did I tell you about pros fighting ammies?  cuyo hernandez hated having his pros spar with ammys because they are ready for war from the opening bell where a pro warms up after 1 or 2.  by that time, its too late.  he hated seeing his pros get the shit beat out of them.

I think this is great for all those thinking that the pros would would just blow the poor lil ammy boxers away and run off with their gold medals.

20 hours ago, GRIM said:

I think this is great for all those thinking that the pros would would just blow the poor lil ammy boxers away and run off with their gold medals.

how many ammy boxers would win spots on us team do you think G ? do you think these upsets are more prone to happen outside the us ? IMO if  someone like Shakur Stevenson our ,best 18 and under fighter to say Gary Russell jr it would be wrong   

I really don't know how many would win spots B, but a lot of peeps were upset and saying not fair because the pros have way more experience and all this. So my opinion is that ammy or pro they all have the option to wim defendant on their skill level at the time they are competing.  

• WBF OG

ruenrong fought at lightweight?  i realize with the same day weighins that guys are forced to fight at their real weights but that seems extreme for a 112lber