Stiverne defeats Arreola

blackrican23

42713arreola00t.jpg

WBC #2 heavyweight Bermane “B.Ware†Stiverne (22-1-1, 20 KOs) dropped #1 rated Chris “The Nightmare†Arreola (35-3, 30 KOs) in round three and went on to win a twelve round unanimous decision on Saturday night in a WBC elimination bout at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California. Stiverne was the busier man against the tough Arreola in a bloody fight. Scores were 117-110, 117-110 and 118-109. Stiverne is now WBC mandatory challenger for champion Vitali Klitschko.

In the opening round Arreola boxed patiently behind the jab and landed some effective right hands as Stiverne backed up. Stiverne began to use the ring more, scoring effectively with combinations in round two as Arreola stalked him.

At the end of round three Stiverne connected with a huge right sending Arreola to the canvas. He quickly got up and went to his corner as his nose began to gush. Arreola’s face was a bloody mess in round four but he continued to stalk Stiverne. Later in the round Stiverne went down, but referee Jack Reiss quickly ruled it a slip.

In round five Arreola continued to stalk but Stiverne was outworking him.

Displaying his toughness as he continued to bleed, a right hand by Arreola rocked Stiverne in round six, backing him to the corner as Arreola continued his assault.

Stiverne appeared to be tiring in round seven, while Arreola’s right eye began to shut in what was becoming a war of attrition for both. Despite the blood in his face Arreola continued to stalk as he connected with a solid right as Stiverne continued to work with combos.

The Nightmare began to close the gap on Stiverne and in round nine Arreola connected with a huge right that rocked Stiverne.

Going into the championship rounds Stiverne began backing up jabbing as Arreola followed backing him to the ropes with big punches. Arreola sensing the urgency in a tough, close fight continued to press Stiverne, who continued to stick and move, referee Jack Reiss warned Stiverne for a low blow.

The twelve and final round both came out trading punches as Arreola continued to bleed while Stiverne decided to stand and punch to the final bell.

Judges Carla Caiz and Claude Paquette scored the bout 117-110 while judge Marty Denkin scored it a convincing 118-109. With the win Bermane Stiverne becomes the number one contender for the WBC Heavyweight title which is currently held by Vitali Klitschko.

“I came to his backyard and beat him. My jab was more effective. He never hurt me. All he threw was one punch at a time but I did mess up my back. We really prepared ourselves, my team and I for nine months,†Stiverne said.

“He put on a boxing exhibition it was really terrific for the sport it was a heavyweight fight that is bringing boxing back,†Stiverne’s promoter Don King told Fightnews.com.

“When you think about boxing you think of this man right here, the legend Don King. I want to thank him,†Stiverne continued. “This really means a lot to me I did it for the people of my country. I want that title shot!â€

“Haiti! Baby! Haiti!†Don King shouted. “We want Klitschko. He is the people’s champion. He is fighting for the people. This is for the little people. Everybody here was standing up for Arreola, this man (Stiverne) came up against all odds we are looking for something to bring something back to the heavyweight scene, back to America. This man is getting ready to do just that when he goes up against Vitali Klitschko and he put on a perfective performance,†King concluded.

Arreola was tough as always in giving a spirited effort.

“When he dropped me and busted my nose I couldn’t breathe, my left hand died in the seventh,†Arreola told media after the fight. “He fought a better plan used a better jab.â€

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/arreola-stiverne-early-results-from-ontario-ca-189507

Good boxing from Stiverne, we all know Arreola's preference is slugging it out, so what do you do against such fighters?  you simply "box" them and make it look real easy, Too bad Stiverne

is a bit too small for the Klitschkos.

this was a good fight , actually heavyweights did ok 2 weeks in a row , last week with Fury / Cunningham as well

• Members

What is Arreola's best win anyway?Chazz Witherspoon?? Even that fight ended controversially. Eric Molina?Please! This guy was made for knocking out tomato cans and thats it! The best you can call him is decent.