Burns retains WBA 140lb championship

blackrican23

WBA super lightweight world champion Ricky Burns (41-5-1, 14 KOs) retained his world title with a twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Kiryl Relikh (21-1, 19 KOs) on Friday night at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland. Relikh pressed the action, but hometown hero Burns was busier and prevailed 118-110, 116-112, 116-112. Next up for The Rickster could be Adrien Broner.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/burns-retains-wba-140lb-championship-355996

i love  when a fight is watched thru anothers opinion :gay I watched it burns might have edged 7-5  ish 118-110 was wide . I had burns down 3-1 after 4 

it was about seeing how legit this undefeated ko artist was cunty :pms hardly burns, but i wouldnt expect for you to watch a fight so readily available on this site  as always ( shout out to Big Seli ) when you spend all your time viewing my profile and lurking the shout :lolatyou

so tell me riverbend lurker how many times you seen  Kiryl Relikh  fight on box rec :lolling

First couple of rounds Relikh was excellent and the last three he won comfortably, but from 3 to 9 Burns found his range and was able to frustrate him - ive no doubt if he had a couple of better quality fights the last time out going into the fight he would have taken this one....experience won the day in this bout!    

I had never even seen his name till a few days ago, going by record I thought  he would be some muscluar stalking wider puncher type but this guy has very little muscle tone   and doesnt fight with the tightness of  a big puncher but very relaxed and fluid . Think Burns needed few rounds to get use to his handspeed more than his power .

Would like to see Relikh vs a more stationary target like a broner to gauge his power 

21 hours ago, blackrican23 said:

I had never even seen his name till a few days ago, going by record I thought  he would be some muscluar stalking wider puncher type but this guy has very little muscle tone   and doesnt fight with the tightness of  a big puncher but very relaxed and fluid . Think Burns needed few rounds to get use to his handspeed more than his power .

Would like to see Relikh vs a more stationary target like a broner to gauge his power 

The potential is there, but I thought he was a little unfair in the post-fight interview that he saw Burns as a runner - Ricky was just smarter.

I wonder if the downfall for Relikh was more that he moved in straight lines instead of angles; initially he was having success but it became predictable, he only started to have success again as Burns tired in the final 3 rounds or so!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mofo2 said:

I wonder if the downfall for Relikh was more that he moved in straight lines instead of angles; initially he was having success but it became predictable, he only started to have success again as Burns tired in the final 3 rounds or so!

bingo exactly how it went down