Hughie Fury vows to win WBO belt in first step towards unifying heavyweight division

Mofo2

Hughie Fury has vowed to unify the heavyweight division and plans to start a dominant reign by taking the WBO title from Joseph Parker.

The unbeaten 22-year-old has admitted that talks are ongoing about a possible fight with Parker, who is likely to make the first defence of his title on April 8.

Fury, who is the WBO's highest ranked contender, has welcomed talk of the bout being possibly staged in Britain, but the Mancunian insists he is willing to travel for a shot at the title.

Hughie Fury has vowed to unify the heavyweight division and plans to start a dominant reign by taking the WBO title from Joseph Parker.

The unbeaten 22-year-old has admitted that talks are ongoing about a possible fight with Parker, who is likely to make the first defence of his title on April 8.

Fury, who is the WBO's highest ranked contender, has welcomed talk of the bout being possibly staged in Britain, but the Mancunian insists he is willing to travel for a shot at the title.

"We're in negotiations with it at the minute," Fury exclusively told Sky Sports. "I am mandatory, so it will be happening either way. I'm in the No 1 position, I'm mandatory, and I will be fighting for that title.

"It would be nice to have it at home in England, where the home crowd is, instead of travelling away, but it doesn't really matter to me. I have never fought in my hometown before. It would be nice to fight for a world title there. It would be something spectacular."

Fury extended his unbeaten record to 20 victories in April

His cousin Tyson was swiftly stripped of his IBF belt, while he later relinquished the WBA 'super' title and WBO crown, which is currently held by Parker, and Hughie is determined to bring the belts back into the family.  

Fury, who claimed a gold medal in the World Youth Championships, said: "I'm not in this sport just to winarrow-10x10.png a world title and that's it, throw it up in the air and go wild. I'm here to winarrow-10x10.png it and prove that I am a worthy champion.

"That's what I have done since I was young kid. I had my first amateur fight at 11 years old and I've been training since I was a kid for this. This is all I've wanted to do.

"I've sacrificed all the girlfriends, the going out partying. I've been full dedicated since a young age, because I always knew what I wanted to be.

"Once I win that title, I'm coming for them all."

Parker is also yet to suffer a defeat in 22 fights, but Fury spotted vulnerabilities when Parker claimed the WBO belt with a hard-fought points win over Andy Ruiz Jr in Auckland.