Khan on verge of Welterweight move

Mofo2

A move up to the 147lb welterweight limit has also been touted as in the 26-year-old's future, however, with a potentially lucrative meeting with Mayweather incentive enough to step into the division before too long. And it now appears Khan could make that jump immediately - possibly with a meeting against Devon Alexander, the IBF champion Kell Brook was long due to fight - as the prospect of a Garcia or Peterson meeting recedes.

"Going up to welterweight and fighting Devon Alexander is a possibility," Khan told BoxNation. "It seems the fights at light-welterweight with Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson are not getting made. I am not going to wait around for them because one day they will move up. I am getting big for the weight and I am just going to see what [Golden Boy promoter] Richard Schaefer says when we meet, I could be one fight away from the Mayweather fight if things go to plan."

Khan believes he has the skills to really threaten Mayweather, should the pair meet. The American extended his unbeaten professional record to 44 with a clinical dismissal of Roberto Guerrero on Saturday. "To beat Floyd you have to beat him at his own game…you have to use speed," Khan added. "Of all the fighters who can face him I would have a chance because of my speed. I have got the speed and the ability that can cope with him."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/205822.html#0IFvJYvhzBLAAL6G.99

A move up in weight can help his punch resistance, sometimes guys lose to much weight makes them a bit chinny .  Aside from that I don't see much else. Khan is 27 those thinking he will somehow change are dreaming . He is what he is

Khan moving up in weight takes away his biggest factor in his best wins his size.

147 isn't loaded with killers besides the top spot , so it benefits him to fight Devon at 147 instead of 140 where devon belongs or fighting Garcia at 147. I would rather see him fight Brook , who is a natural 147, but Khan is angling for his cash out   

He is aiming for Floyd no doubt but ain't that what he is supposed to be trying to do....fight the very best out there?

if  your fighting the best for the best paycheck then no. Khan has made good money, its a cash out of his career at this point.

• Members

A move up in weight can help his punch resistance, sometimes guys lose to much weight makes them a bit chinny .  Aside from that I don't see much else. Khan is 27 those thinking he will somehow change are dreaming . He is what he is

Khan moving up in weight takes away his biggest factor in his best wins his size.

147 isn't loaded with killers besides the top spot , so it benefits him to fight Devon at 147 instead of 140 where devon belongs or fighting Garcia at 147. I would rather see him fight Brook , who is a natural 147, but Khan is angling for his cash out   

You may be right...I sure was surprised to see Diaz drop him and hurt him as easily as he did, since Diaz never was exactly known as a really big puncher. Decent power but not a ko artist. I guess he just has outgrown 140...