Danny Garcia: Canelo too big for Floyd

Mofo2

Garcia said to Fighthub.com “Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a welterweight. He fights at 150 lbs. [after rehydrating] He’s not a 154 pound fighter. Canelo rehydrates to around 171 lbs., but if Canelo can make 147, it would be good. I will take Floyd to win.â€

• WBF OG

i didn't see anywhere in that post where garcia said canelo is too big...you implied that the fight was unfair yet at the end, garcia said he'd take floyd.

nice way to draw me in, though, i guess.

i didn't see anywhere in that post where garcia said canelo is too big...you implied that the fight was unfair yet at the end, garcia said he'd take floyd.

nice way to draw me in, though, i guess.

The point is that Garcia has basically said just that, he talks about the weight difference basically being too wide after hydration and only really gives Floyd a chance at 147 where he believes he would basically be favourite....he is right!

• WBF OG

well, no shit....canelo won't beat floyd.  i'm surprised he did ok vs trout.

• WBF OG

its not a fair matchup since alvarez would hold a minimum 15 to 20 pound weight advantage. he still might lose, but if he won it would clearly only be due to weight advantage.