Mayweather ready to put record on the line against Saul Alvarez?

Mofo2

Floyd Mayweather Jr is on track to step up to light-middleweight for what promises to be the fight of the year against Mexican sensation Saul Alvarez in September.

Pretty Boy may not fight Manny Pacquiao any time in the foreseeable future but a Mayweather-Alvarez battle with both unbeaten records on the line would more than make up for that disappointment. Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer has worked extensively with both camps and has confirmed the duel between WBC welterweight champion Mayweather and Alvarez – undisputed king of the light-middleweight division – could be a hot ticket at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on September 14.

‘I am working on the fight,’ Schaefer said. ‘I’m crunching the numbers. You should see my calculator – it’s red-hot. I am working on a lot of fights, but this is my No.1 priority. This is something I am pursuing and I am having conversations with both sides. [Alvarez] wants the fight and Floyd has never turned down an opponent.’ September 14 is an ideal date because it is the Mexican Independence Day weekend when the country’s top boxers traditionally fight a major opponent.

So the way the Floyd haters are seeing this is that the P4P best in the world, the 44 and 0 champion should come up in weight to fight Alvarez to make the fans happy and Floyd proves he is not chicken right?

Well how about hype job Alvarez come down in weight. ohhhhh wait there is this thing called a catch weight right? well all the haters should be aware of this thing the catch weight because Manny used it a lot

So the way the Floyd haters are seeing this is that the P4P best in the world, the 44 and 0 champion should come up in weight to fight Alvarez to make the fans happy and Floyd proves he is not chicken right?

Well how about hype job Alvarez come down in weight. ohhhhh wait there is this thing called a catch weight right? well all the haters should be aware of this thing the catch weight because Manny used it a lot

Manny was going up against heavier fighters and fighting in a division that he was coming in well within the limits :wave

floyd looked a tad mediocre against guerrero

According to the rest of the world Floyd did great and looked good doing it, you forgot to type "this is my opinion"

Actual random news articles on the Mayweather Guerrero fight I could not find anything pertaining to "A Tad mediocre"

Mayweather vs Guerrero results: Mayweather dominates Guerrero to win title fight with lopsided decision

Floyd Mayweather cruises to easy decision win over Robert Guerrero

LMAO

the shit is so all over the place in here , its like a mixture of a bunch of posts from random forums trying to be fit together for some unknown reason.

anyhow now that The Blade is the measuring stick for greatness I can sleep better.

alot of floyd fans saying alvarez is too heavy

well floyd has fought @ 154 in the past & he was perfectly fine with making marquez move up from 135 to 147 to fight him.

Duran beat Iran barkley at 160 for the belt. Barkley defeated hearns twice. To be considered great, u gotta move up, and beat a legit opponent.

a year a ago peeps were very quick to say that floyd for sure schools canelo, ut now after saul had a better than expected performance against trout & floyd looked a tad mediocre against guerrero all of a sudden people are saying "oh my god the weight!! it's just too much weight!!"

how come no one had a problem with sergio fighting a guy with a 20 lb weight advantage?

neil were you one of those guys that picked floyd to eeasily school canelo in 2012?

it's not like he ever came close too stopping guerrero or seriously hurting him, i thought he looked old & more defensive than usual that's just my opinion though.

cool-story-bro_o_835920.jpg