Haye Banking on Speed against Charr

Mofo2

David Haye will be banking on his speed when he returns to the ring against Manuel Charr in next month's heavyweight showdown in Manchester.

The former WBA champion will have to be on his toes on June 29, as he is likely to be giving away around two stone in weight against Charr, whose sole defeat in 24 fights was against Vitali Klitschko due to a cut eyebrow.

"There is definitely a great emphasis on speed during this training camp, as I know it will be important in the fight," said Haye.

"I might not be the biggest heavyweight in the world, but I'm certainly the fastest - and that is one advantage I'll always have over my opponents, especially now, as I enter my peak athletic years.

"Charr has never been knocked out or hurt in the ring, so can clearly take a shot, but his feet are slow and like a lot of German-based heavyweights he tends to fight at a leisurely pace and takes turns to punch.

"There is nothing quick or explosive about the way he fights and he won't have seen speed, reflexes and agility like mine. If you look at his previous opponents, none of them compare to me in terms of style. They were all happy to take turns to punch Charr and fight his tempo.

"He won't be so lucky against me, though. When he covers up, I'll tee off on him so quickly he'll think he's being surrounded, and then when he tries to punch in response, he'll open the door for me to finish him off with something big and spectacular.

"The power of Vitali Klitschko couldn't knock this guy out, so I know it will take more than just clubbing away with stiff punches to finish him off.

"But it's my aim to go one better than Vitali and end this fight with Charr flat on his back - just as I did with Dereck Chisora last year."

Source: Sky Sports

Haye will need his speed coming into this fight and I'm sure he will make that the main focus of his camp, I reckon we will probably see him coming in pretty light!