Injured Haye withdraws from June 29 bout with Charr

blackrican23

Hayemaker Boxing has announced that David Haye has withdrawn from his proposed June 29 bout with Manuel Charr due to a hand injury picked up in training. The injury to his left hand occurred on Sunday evening and left the former WBA world heavyweight champion with no option but to postpone his impending return to the ring. “I’m absolutely gutted to have to pull out of this fight on June 29,†he said. “I pick up injuries now and again in training, and sometimes carry them into fights, but this was one I simply couldn’t recover from in time. I need to rest it up for at least four weeks. “I apologise to Manuel Charr and to everybody involved with the promotion. But most of all I want to say sorry to the thousands of fans who bought tickets to the fight. I felt it was important to let them know about the cancellation as soon as possible, so they can now make other plans. “As soon as I am told I can resume full training, my loyal fans will be the first to know.†Tickets can be refunded from their point of sale.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/injured-haye-withdraws-from-june-29-bout-196954