J'Leon Love tested positive

GRIM

Source:

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has informed BoxingScene.com that J'Leon Love (16-0, 8KOs) tested positive for Hydrochlorothiazide in the aftermath of his ten round split decision win over Gabe Rosado (21-7, 13KOs), which took place on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The middleweight bout was the opening contest on the Floyd Mayweather-Robert Guerrero Showtime pay-per-view event.

Keith Kizer, Executive Director for the NSAC, says a complaint for disciplinary action will be issued. It is expected that Love will be suspended for several months, fined, and his win over Rosado will become a no-contest.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic used for weight cutting purposes by athletes.

The NSAC's case against Love will be strong. The boxer showed up two hours late for his weigh-in with Rosado, and then he was over the middleweight limit by 1.5-pounds. He did come back an hour later and made the weight.

"I think it's just plain old simple karma, Rick. I think Gaby would rather it be changed to a win, but no-contest is fine for now. My main problem with Keith, is the law in Nevada [states] that being late to a weigh-in is a fine of only $100 dollars. And I said to him - 'the kid is getting paid $100,000 dollars and you're fining him $100 dollars for being two hours late for the weigh-in.' If he would have been fined $10,000 dollars, which is what would have happened in Pennsylvania, he wouldn't have been late to the weigh-in, he wouldn't have been able to lose more weight during the day and he would have been more drained by the time the fight started. He should take that up at the next commission meeting and change it to 10% of the purse,"

Many fans, and ringside observers, felt Rosado did enough to beat Love in the contest. Following the match, Rosado said there wasn't any interest in a rematch because he felt like a winner despite the scores of 95-94 and 97-92 for Love [Rosado won on the third card 95-94]. Peltz indicates there is still no interest in a rematch.

"The only reason to fight him again would be for a lot more money. Gabe is much more of an attraction and a lot more popular than J'Leon love is. J'Leon Love should be the one chasing Gabe just like chased [Jesus] Soto Karass after Mike Jones' first fight with him in Texas. The same situation...we won the fight but nobody thought so. J'Leon should take that attitude if he really wants to prove that he’s the better man." Peltz said.

well a diuretic isn't the biggest sin, fat boy was over at the weigh in so I guess he had trouble making 160. this most likely becomes a no contest so Gabe gets this questionable loss erased off his record

rematch is in order