Ogogo impresses as Haroon Khan wins in 57 seconds

Mofo2

Middleweight Anthony Ogogo (2-0, 1 KO), the 24-year-old 2012 Olympic bronze medalist for Great Britain, rolled to a shut-out six-round decision against Edgar Perez of Puerto Rico (5-5, 3 KOs), on a night that also saw Haroon Khan victorious inside a minute. Ogogo got in solid work against Perez, who took everything but was outclassed. The judges had it 60-54, 60-54 and 60-53 for Ogogo. "I thoroughly enjoyed my American debut," Ogogo said. "I've had massive support from [Golden Boy CEO]

Richard [schaefer] and Bernard [Hopkins]. Hearing Bernard coaching me from ringside was amazing."

Ogogo was returning to the ring in short order after scoring a spectacular second-round knockout on April 27 in England in his pro debut on the Amir Khan-Julio Diaz undercard. "I needed someone to take me into some rounds," Ogogo said. "It was a great learning experience. There's no point in knocking everyone out."

Meanwhile, bantamweight Haroon Khan (2-0, 1 KO) dropped Vicente Medellin (0-6) twice in the first round, both with body shots, to win by knockout in just 57 seconds.

Khan, 22, turned pro last month, previously winning a four-round decision on brother Amir's April 27 undercard. This was a far more devastating display though, faking high before sinking in the fight-ending shots to make a significant impact on the US public.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/207981.html#ZLIxAeZMrMrtz0Xh.99