Carl Froch slams George Groves and Nathan Cleverly

Mofo2

Carl Froch is furious with Groves and Cleverly’s decision to help Kessler’s preparations and has branded the pair “bitter and jealousâ€.

“It just sums them up,†said Froch, who “They’d rather go out there and help a foreign fighter prepare for the biggest fight of my career and I’m a British fighter. It just shows the state of British boxing in terms of people working with each other. They should have a bit more class about them. The fact that Groves – and I think Nathan Cleverly – has gone out there to help him, sums up what they are: they are quite bitter and jealous and they want to fight with me. But it’s not happening because I’m a league above the pair of them. But it’s not going to help Kessler in preparation for me, neither of them can mimic my style and neither of them have got my resolve so it will give him a few rounds but that’s all it will give him – nothing else.â€

Carl has a point, there are a small number of British fighters at World level or approaching World level and yet they fuck off to Denmark to help out a foreign fighter, I too was surprised when I saw they had offered their services to Mikkel tbh

• Members

Carl has a point, there are a small number of British fighters at World level or approaching World level and yet they fuck off to Denmark to help out a foreign fighter, I too was surprised when I saw they had offered their services to Mikkel tbh

Can it have something to do with Froch's feud with Calzaghe, at least on Cleverly's part? Maybe Clev bears a grudge since after all, Joe is THE MAN in Wales. And even if he doesn't bear a grudge, he still wouldn't feel right about helping a guy who he knows doesn't like Joe and vice versa...

Sooooooo? Did Froch request Groves and Cleverly for his sparring partners and they turned him down in favor of Kessler :?

Sooooooo? Did Froch request Groves and Cleverly for his sparring partners and they turned him down in favor of Kessler :?

Kessler didn't request them...they offered their services!!!

Can it have something to do with Froch's feud with Calzaghe, at least on Cleverly's part? Maybe Clev bears a grudge since after all, Joe is THE MAN in Wales. And even if he doesn't bear a grudge, he still wouldn't feel right about helping a guy who he knows doesn't like Joe and vice versa...

Possibly with Clev and that might explain his stance, however Groves has no history and offering to help a foreign fighter...no class!!

Kessler didn't request them...they offered their services!!!

Thats my point I can see if Froch invited them or requested their services and they turned his offer down, but he is a punk ass bitch :duh

nationality has nothing to do with earning money and experience as Sparring partners for their own good, you didn't want to pay them and use them and he did, end of story

sounds rite

yeah really , I mean training with a world champ like Kessler can help in a lot of areas not related to helping kessler

A shot Kessler beat him, he might do it a second time round but if he does, it won't be sparring Groves and Cleverly that made it possible by any means !!

A shot Kessler beat him.....you consider Kessler was shot at the time damnnnnn :facepalm

Carl Froch offers apology after saying he is prepared to kill Mikkel Kessler

Carl Froch has said sorry after threatening to 'kill' Mikkel Kessler in the ring on Saturday night.

However the Boxing Board of Control will still be investigating what they deem as "inappropriate" comments.

Robert Smith, Boxing Board Secretary, told Telegraph Sport that Froch, who faces Kessler in a re-match at the 02 Arena in London after losing to him in Denmark three years ago, "should understand the risks of the sport he's involved in."

Smith added: "It's unfortunate and inappropriate that he's said this. You might bear in mind the stage, the biggest fight of his life and he's hellbent on revenge - but he knows these things are wrong to say for a boxer, he's a father for goodness sake, but all this will be borne in mind when we look at the situation."

"We're very disappointed that Carl should say that. He has always been a model professional and he understands the dangers of the sport as we all do."
Not known for his trash talking, Froch had suddenly turned bitter and aggressive at a news conference on Wednesday. “On Saturday night, if I have to, I will kill this f*****. I will kill him. It sounds brutal, it sounds horrible, but that is what this means to me.”

• Members

Carl Froch offers apology after saying he is prepared to kill Mikkel Kessler

Carl Froch has said sorry after threatening to 'kill' Mikkel Kessler in the ring on Saturday night.

However the Boxing Board of Control will still be investigating what they deem as "inappropriate" comments.

Robert Smith, Boxing Board Secretary, told Telegraph Sport that Froch, who faces Kessler in a re-match at the 02 Arena in London after losing to him in Denmark three years ago, "should understand the risks of the sport he's involved in."

Smith added: "It's unfortunate and inappropriate that he's said this. You might bear in mind the stage, the biggest fight of his life and he's hellbent on revenge - but he knows these things are wrong to say for a boxer, he's a father for goodness sake, but all this will be borne in mind when we look at the situation."

"We're very disappointed that Carl should say that. He has always been a model professional and he understands the dangers of the sport as we all do."
Not known for his trash talking, Froch had suddenly turned bitter and aggressive at a news conference on Wednesday. “On Saturday night, if I have to, I will kill this f*****. I will kill him. It sounds brutal, it sounds horrible, but that is what this means to me.â€

And this is supposed to be the NICE GUY?