Jazza puts himself forward for Lonsdale tilt

Mofo2

James 'Jazza' Dickens says he is ready for a shot at the British super-bantamweight title.

The Liverpool southpaw, 22, took his unbeaten record to 15 fights on Friday night (May 24) when he defeated tough Welshman Dai Davies on points.

It was a victory which saw him box the full ten round distance for the second contest in succession. And now that Bury's Scott Quigg has vacated the Lonsdale belt, Jazza feels he has enough experience to step up and challenge for it.

"I've got another ten rounds under my belt and now I'm ready for the British title," he said. "I've done ten rounds twice and that proves how fit I am so I think it's time to do 12 rounds.

"I believe I should be next in line. Kid Galahad was supposed to box me for the English title and didn't want to, but hopefully we can fight for the British instead."

He added: "It would be lovely to put my name amongst the British champions who have come from Liverpool."

The British Boxing Board of Control's stewards will make a decision on who will be nominated to box for the title in early June.

Source:Boxrec