Froch needs a shrink! Calzaghe Snr launches astonishing rant

Mofo2

Enzo Calzaghe has launched a scathing attack on Carl Froch, comparing him to a pub brawler and questioning his sanity.  Froch won a thrilling super-middleweight fight against Mikkel Kessler last weekend, but his claims that only Lennox Lewis can rival him in the list of all-time great British boxers has riled Calzaghe. The Italy-born trainer, whose son Joe ruled the 168-pound division before retiring undefeated in 2009, slammed those suggestions on Twitter this morning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2333204/Enzo-Calzaghe-launches-Twitter-rant-Carl-Froch.html#ixzz2UlrbTen8

• 1 month later...
  • WBF OG

heres an interesting article about enzo's son all but admitting he wouldnt have stood much of a chance against a prime jones jr. 

"My mum, who was always too afraid to watch me fight, would be annoyed if I went back in the ring but I'm more concerned about my youngest son Connor.

"He came into my dressing room before the Roy Jones fight crying his heart out because he saw me get knocked down against Bernard Hopkins a couple of months earlier.

"He had also spent the Jones build-up watching footage of Jones' glory years, when he was at his peak, on You Tube.

"Connor was sobbing 'dad, he is amazing' and I tried to reassure him 'don't worry son, Jones isn't that good anymore.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/9164514.stm