Mayweather vs. Canelo: Richard Schaefer says Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse will not be on undercard

blackrican23

Golden Boy Promotions's Richard Schaefer has stated that a potential fight between Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse will not take place on the Floyd Mayweather/Canelo Alvarez pay-per-view card. Again, it will NOT be happening on the September 14 undercard of Mayweather/Canelo.

As much as we would all love for it to be on the card, it just isn't going to happen. Garcia/Matthysse is a big-time fight, and though neither is a truly big name, it's a premium cable main event if there ever was one. Golden Boy is not going to throw a fight of this caliber onto a pay-per-view show that is already going to do massive business (some projecting 2 million buys) without it. It will be on it's own TV date and draw its own live gate.

Here is what Schaefer had to say about about the possibility of the fight being on the undercard, via World Boxing News:

"Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse is huge, huge fight in its own right and will never take place on any undercard," Schaefer told World Boxing News.

I hope no one's dreams were just shattered. It has been reported that September 7 is a possible date for the world's top two junior welterweights to tangle, obviously one week before the mega event and likely complimented with a Mayweather preview show of some sort, it would be a significant date.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/5/30/4380660/mayweather-vs-canelo-richard-schaefer-danny-garcia-vs-lucas-matthysse-boxing-news

• WBF OG

i doubt it would add any sales to the pPV because hard core fans are watching mayweather jr - alvarez anyhow. just a waste of 2+ mill that is either profit or into the pocket of the main eventers 

I don't think it was ever a possibility for the under card I guess people might have thought since it was so close to Mayweather fight it would be on the card. 

With Floyd getting 50 and Canelo 12 what money do they even have for the under card