Lara Warns Angulo: You Will Find Out What I'm About!

blackrican23

www.boxingscene.com

Junior middleweight contenders Erislandy Lara and Alfredo Angulo appeared on this week's edition of BoxingScene Radio to talk about their June 8th showdown. The fight will be part of a Showtime televised tripleheader.

We asked Lara how his preparation for the fight has been and also asked him if he thinks that Angulo is his toughest challenge to date.

"My training camp has been great. Everything is good," Lara replied. "I don't think this is the toughest fight of my career. He is a good fighter but Angulo is nothing like Paul Williams. Williams was the best 154 pounder in the world at the time. I don't want to take anything away from Angulo but Williams is the better fighter," he continued.

Lara knows that a lot is at stake in this fight but insists that he will fight at his pace and won't be lured into a fire fight.

"I am relaxed and I fight relaxed. I am going to fight like the art of boxing is supposed to be fought. I know Angulo will bring the fight to me and I will be ready," said Lara.  

Earlier on the show Angulo said that he was more than willing to deliver a fan friendly performance and also jabbed Lara by saying that it is also up to his opponent to make the fight entertaining.

BoxingScene Radio co-host Luis Sandoval relayed those comments to Lara and the Cuban fired back by saying that Angulo will see what he is all about when they step in the ring on June 8th.  

"Tell Angulo to relax. June 8th is right around the corner.  If I need to bring the fight to him I will or if I need to box him I will box him. He doesn't have to wait too long to find out."

• Members

Stfu Lara, you headbutted Martirosyan on purpose...wether it was to try and win by cheating or to get away from a tough fight, that I do not know. But u better show more when u talk that way or stfu.