Limond: I'll reign against Prince

Mofo2

The champion has a big advantage at championship level over the challenger and Limond knows victory would set him up for a grudge fight with Aberdonian Lee McAlister, the former champion who was forced to vacate the belt due to injury.

While Prince has only fought 13 times none of his bouts have been at the top level.

Limond has had 40 fights, his only four defeat coming against big-name opposition – Alex Arthur, Amir Khan, Erik Morales and Anthony Crolla.

But Limond says he will treat Prince with as much respect as any of these big names.

The champion said: "I am not looking beyond this fight.

"It is the exact same for me against Mitch Prince as it was when I beat Eddie Doyle to win the title back in January at the St Andrew's club.

"At 34, I am at the stage in my career where, although I am a Commonwealth champion, every fight could be my last if I lose.

"So all my focus is on Mitch Prince and there is no way I am interested in looking beyond him.

"Mitch will get every bit as much respect as Amir Khan did when I fought him in the first defence of the Commonwealth lightweight title six years ago."

While Limond admits he maybe favourite, he points to the undoubted hunger and determination that will send Prince into the ring bristling with bad intentions.

Limond said: "From the head-to-head we had the other week it is obvious how up for this Mitch is.

"He has waited a long while for his first major domestic title shot and will leave nothing in the locker in his attempt to become champion."

Tickets priced £40 and £50 ringside are available on 0141 810 5700.