Jones takes a swipe at Kell

Mofo2

American Carson Jones has made a bizarre attack on Kell Brook, claiming the Sheffielder wimped out of a world title date with Devon Alexander.

Brook was devastated after having to postpone his planned May 18 bout in Atlantic City, his team revealing a “stress fracture of his right fourth metatarsal and injury of his right navicular.â€

Jones is full of confidence ahead of his date with Brook on July 13 - he pushed the Ingle welterweight all the way before eventually losing to him at Sheffield Arena last July.

“I think Brook’s decision to pull out of the Alexander fight was the worst of his life,†Jones told World Boxing News.

“I mean not only once, but twice he pulled out. If it was me and my little pinkie toe was injured, I wouldn’t have even thought about pulling out. World title shots don’t come around every day.

“I think if Brook would’ve fought Devon that night he would’ve stopped him as Devon is highly overrated and can’t punch any harder than my four year old on.â€

Brook dislikes such “trash talk†and will be aiming to put Jones away at Craven Park Stadium, Hull, next month.