DeGale confident he could defeat Carl Froch

Mofo2

James DeGale has dismissed Carl Froch's threat to 'end' his career and is confident he could defeat the world champion. Froch confirmed his status as Britain's top fighter when he defeated Mikkel Kessler on points last month to become a two-belt king in the super-middleweight division. Speaking on Sky Sports' Ringside, 'The Cobra' gave a scathing assessment of domestic duo James DeGale and George Groves, claiming he could dish out a crushing defeat that would stop them from fighting again.

But DeGale is not daunted by the prospect of facing the Nottingham man and believes Froch would be unsettled by his slick fighting style. When asked whether he wanted to face rivals Froch and George Groves, he told the Ringside Toe 2 Toe podcast: "Carl Froch definitely. George Groves, he's not on my radar at the moment.

"I can't see that fight happening and not on my part, on his part. I can't see him wanting to fight me again, but Carl Froch 100 per cent. He's a good fighter Carl Froch, a very good fighter, but my style is all wrong for him. Look at the fighters that have given him trouble, Ward, Dirrell, (Jermain) Taylor. Move, speed, I think I'll be all wrong for him. I'm here if Carl Froch wants the fight. If the boxing fans want the fight, I'm here. I would have it next week, but I'm not too sure what he wants to do. I've heard he said if he fought me, he would destroy my career. I think it's the other way around. If I fought him and beat him, how could he lose to me?"

DeGale ended a spell of inactivity with a stoppage win over Sebastien Demers last month and hopes to continue his progress towards a world title shot by beating Stjepan Bozic on Saturday. "He's from Croatia, he's got a good record," said DeGale. "He's not a top 10 fighter in the world, but he's a good decent solid fighter. He's boxed for a world title and in fact he boxed Carl Froch as an amateur and beat him in the Europeans. He beat him, so he must be decent. He's mixed in good company, so I'm expecting a solid test, but I'm looking to go in there, put a good performance on and show the people what I'm about."