Eubank Jnr can't wait to get back in the ring this saturday

Mofo2

Having not fought since December, rising middleweight star Chris Eubank Jr (9-0) plans to deliver a devastating performance on Saturday when he takes on former EBU-EU title challenger Tyan Booth (11-9-2) at Glow, Bluewater.

Booth recently lost a close decision in Sheffield to Nav Mansouri for the English light-middleweight title. He's also fought former European middleweight champion Grzegorz Proksa, but Eubank Jr feels he is more than ready for this latest test.

“I’ve been in the gym, I’ve been training 24/7 - you’ve got to be ready for when you get that call to say it’s fight time and I’m ready to get in there, June 8th and take out my opponent in devastating fashion,† said Eubank Jr, who features on the undercard of the WBC Silver super-middleweight title fight between James DeGale MBE and Stjepan Bozic, to be shown live on Channel 5 from 9.30pm.

“I thought I was hungry before, but after not fighting for that amount of time I’m dying to get back in the ring in front of millions on Channel 5 and show exactly what I’m made of.

“I’m just progressing up the ladder, I’m trying to get to that stage where I can start fighting for titles so this will take me one step closer to the end goal, which is to become champion of the world in the middleweight division.

“He looks tough, he looks game, but it’s nothing that I’m not going to be able to handle.

“This is what I’m born to do, I’m itching to get back in the ring and I’m glad it’s finally here, it’s going to be a hell of a show.â€

Ronnie Davis, trainer of Eubank Sr and now Eubank Jr, believes Chris will put in a good shift.

Davis said: "He's looking brilliant in sparring and even though this is short notice, he's always fit and he's always sparring regularly. He's looking very powerful, he's getting stronger and stronger, maturing well and he's punching hard and looking very good.

"He will be, in my opinion, a world champion."

The Hennessy Sports show also features unbeaten WBC International super-bantamweight champion Kid Galahad (13-0) and rising heavyweight star Hughie Fury (4-0) in his fifth professional contest. 

Dani Davis (4-0) from Croydon, Eli Green (1-0) from Guildford and tough Bermondsey scrapper Peter McDonagh (18-28) also feature on the undercard.