Bellew feels Dawson didn't respect Stevenson power

Mofo2

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/bellew-feels-dawson-respect-stevensons-punch--66459?#ixzz2VppMivkl

This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Tony Bellew watched Adonis Stevenson brutally dispatch Chad Dawson to claim the WBC light-heavyweight titlein just 76 seconds - but insists he would relish a title shot against the big-hitting Canadian.

'Superman' Stevenson floored Dawson with a huge left hand that saw the champion unable to regain his senses before the referee was forced to wave off the fightin Montreal.

As the WBC's number one contender Bellew is now next in line to tackle the dangerous Stevenson, who has only had 22 fights despite being aged 35 and after chasing a super middleweight fight with Carl Froch he instead moved up to light heavyweight.

That move has now paid off and although he looks like a fearsome prospect, Bellew insists he can fight Stevenson, at any venue, and take his new title off him right away.

"He's the one I'd have preferred to have faced. He's shocked boxingand it's great what he has done, but it's not going to last long, I'm telling you now," Bellew said on Sky Sports.

"Adonis Stevenson is wild and he gives you opportunities. So I don't think he's going to be a long-standing champion - especially if I've got anything to do with it.

"I'm not going to have to go looking for him, but at the same time he's not going to have to go looking for me. I will be there to meethim, I ain't going to run from nobody.

"I said on Ringside on Thursday I'll go anywhere, I'll go literally to his back yard. It doesn't matter where this fight happens - his back yard, England, Liverpool...it's going to be a fight to watch and I'm so excited by the prospect of facing Adonis Stevenson."

Bellew says he already knew about Stevenson's heavy-handed power, and as opposed to Dawson he would not be underestimating a fighter with such power - but he insists he already knew how to win.

"You've got to use your brain, I'll go about it in a way that will probably shock people and shock him to because I've studied him I knew tonight he had a puncher's chance if Dawson wasn't on it.

"I'm shocked Dawson didn't pay him the amount of respect he deserved as a big puncher because Dawson's such an experienced campaigner and he's been in there with the best.

"I'm going to show him the respect because I've been watching him for a while and if you don't show fighters with this kind of punching power the respect they can make a fool of you. He's shown here with Dawson, what where the odds on that happening?

"I just can't wait though to meet Stevenson in the ring, I'll be written off by every manand his dog but I can promise you one thing, I'll bring fireworks."