Tony Thompson: It will take me longer than 2 rounds to beat Price

Mofo2

TONY THOMPSON believes David Price’s three week training camp with Lennox Lewis will make their rematch even tougher. The Washington DC southpaw caused one of boxing's biggest upsets of 2012 in February stopping the 6ft 8in scouser inside two rounds back in February. Price (15-1) called for a return and gets a chance to correct his sole career loss when he tackles Thompson (37-3) at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday July 6.

Price and his trainer Franny Smith are back home now after their time in Canada with the former undisputed world heavyweight champion. Lewis will fly into Liverpool later this month to oversee the final two weeks of Price’s camp.

Thompson said: “It isn’t respect for me that he went to work with Lennox, but shows how seriously he takes his career.

â€œHe will be getting great information from Lennox because he is an all-time great and knows the game.

â€œSometime you get your career to a certain level and you just can’t receive information and don’t even want to listen to a world champion.

â€œYou think you know it all. You get beat and instead of changing things you go back with the same flaws. He is showing willingness and that is a credit to David.

“I will come to England still full of confidence, but it will take a lot longer than two rounds before I get the win.â€