Scott Quigg signs for Matchroom

Slayer

• Members

Shit...this means no match against Frampton anytime soon.:facepalm

Bolton Super bantamweight Scott Quigg (25-0) is the latest star boxer to sign promotional terms with Matchroom Boxing, and will appear on the June 29 bill in his hometown.

Quigg, 24, has endured a frustrating spell out of action since producing a career-best performance against Rendall Munroe on the undercard of Ricky Hatton’s Manchester Arena comeback. He is currently self-managed after recently splitting with manager Paul Speak, and now leaves the Hatton Promotions stable.

Quigg, 24, said: "I've had one fight in a year so it's about getting the momentum going and looking to make waves in the division again.

"No-one sees how hard I train, no-one sees the effort and dedication that I put in to get to the top. I came into boxing wanting to be a World champion, I don't want to settle at British or European - I've come in to be the best. You might need a bit of luck here and there but I think I have the ability and I know I have the desire and dedication to make it happen."

Promoter Eddie Hearn said: "He is on the cusp of challenging for a world title, and with the backing of Matchroom Sport and Sky Sports we believe he’ll get there and stay there for a long time."

A mouthwatering matchup with European champion Carl Frampton (16-0) has been talked about for some time. But with Frampton leaving the Matchroom stable two weeks ago to be jointly promoted by his manager Barry McGuigan and promoter Frank Warren, it seems unlikely this will happen anytime soon as both fighters pursue world honours.

It could still happen, im not so sure it's going to be put on the back burner for too long, but things must be pretty fucked at Hatton promotions if they could not get a suitable fight lined up in a year!