Mikey Garcia loses belt on the scale

blackrican23

WBO featherweight champion Mikey Garcia was unable to make the 126 pound featherweight limit and forfeit his title on Friday afternoon on Dallas. Juanma Lopez can still win the vacant WBO title with a win over Garcia on Saturday night. Mikey weighed in at 128 and was unable to shed the two excess pounds. “He wasn’t very professional today by not making the weight,†Juanma told Top Rank’s Crystina Poncher. “People were saying I was done, I was finished. People were saying I wasn’t going to make the weight. I made the weight with no problem and tomorrow I’ll show you what I can do.â€

Tense moments during negotiations over the penalty Garcia would pay. At one point the entire fight was off as the Garcia camp felt Juanma wanted too much money and promoter Bob Arum called the whole fight off! Top Rank later announced that both sides had reached an agreement and the fight is on.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mikey-garcia-loses-belt-on-the-scale-206899

Yep Garcia's camp are pros at loosing their belts before at the scales. I am sure they had to cough up a nice sum of ca$h also :esmile

Ive only been watching boxing since 07 or so so perhaps im wrong but it seems like fighters these days dont give a shit anymore!

They give a shit because it hits them in their pocket,maybe not enough to ensure they hit weight though!