Shumenov joins the queue

Mofo2

WBA world light-heavyweight champion Beibut Shumenov has joined the list of fighters wanting to challenge Nottingham's Carl Froch. The man from Kazakhstan, now based in Las Vegas, has been inactive for 12 months. But that hasn't stopped him throwing his hat into the ring along with the likes of James DeGale, Bernard Hopkins, Nathan Cleverly and George Groves.

"I would love to fight Carl Froch," he said. "If Froch wants to fight a champion he can fight me for my title. Mikkel Kessler, Andre Ward too. We are interested in all these guys." Shumenov boasts a 14-13(8)-1 record and has wins over the likes of Montell Griffin, Byron Mitchell and William Joppy.

decent money fight, and quite winnable

His options are good and he is in the driving seat in the negotiations with whoever he opts for, I'm still hoping he gets Ward though!

why? i'm not up for seeing another schooling

I think Froch runs him closer and although I don't expect he wins it's a fight I want to see in the hope he can pull it off...there have been bigger shocks in the sport, so he has a chance!

I don't understand why Carl doesn't go for a two weight World title considering he is always going on about a 'Legacy'  !?

He already has a Legacy :wave