Fury fires back at Rogan

Mofo2

Tyson Fury has issued an immediate response to claims by former opponent Martin Rogan that taking a potential British super-fight with David Haye would bring about his first defeat as a professional.

Rogan, 42, stated to the Belfast Newsletter today that Haye would 'destroy Fury' early on – leaving the latter to challenge the ex-Prizefighter champion to face his now 6-0 cousin Hughie in the near future.

"Martin seems to have no problems talking, but doesn't back anything up in the ring," Fury told World Boxing News.

"My cousin Hughie would play with 'Little Rogie' before taking him out, so let's see if he takes up the challenge as I have no doubts that he would get knocked out by another Fury!"

18 year-old Hughie recently overcame Tomas Mrazek in six rounds to keep up his busy and successful beginnings in the paid ranks, with 'Fists of Fury' lined up to battle Rogan-target Darren Corbett in Dundalk on July 12.

• Members

The big issue that I have with Fury is that he isn't even responding properly. He is saying that Rogan doesn't back up what he says? How does that have to do with his opinion on who would win between Haye and Fury?

Fury has talked himself into getting a little media attention to try and help make him credible, but he is starting to make himself look a bit of a dickhead most of the time now, someone needs to tell him to STFU because it seems to me the only ones that seem to like Fury are American fans who hate on Haye and Forum Internet trolls!!