Malignaggi-Broner heats up even more

Mofo2

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer opened today’s final press conference in Brooklyn by urging Paul Malignaggi and Adrien Broner to focus on the fight and not talk about girlfriends or ex-girlfriends. “This is about promoting a fight. I think if they want to focus on that they’re going to do a disservice to the sport and most importantly they’re going to do a disservice to themselves.â€

Broner was not on-stage at the beginning and finally took his place on the stage midway through the press conference.

“I gotta put on a hell of a show. I’m not here to bash you Paulie. You’re a great Italian who wears his hats to the side. I want you to keep your day job because after this you won’t be relevant boxing without a microphone.†Not heeding Schaefer’s wishes, Broner then acknowledged “Jessica†in the audience and promised to knock Malignaggi “the f__k out.â€

Malignaggi came to the podium and immediately started in on “idiots in the media asking stupid questions.†Then he pointed out that Jessica wasn’t his girlfriend, just someone he slept with. Paulie then went into a long rant stating Broner is everything that is wrong with boxing concluding by telling Broner “I’m gonna beat your a__.â€

Well I tell you what, the pre fight fire works has hyped this fight to great heights. But I do not believe the fight will live up to the hype, either Paulie will win or Broner will win :nice