Mitchell vs Banks Result

Mofo2

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/mitchell-admits-he-rocked-banks-wants-trilogy--66936?#ixzz2X3utSbLw

This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Seth Mitchell won his rematch against Johnathon Banks, but he didn’t win many fans Saturday night at Barclays Center.

The former Michigan State linebacker beat a lethargic Banks by unanimous decision in a 12-round fight for a regional heavyweight title. He didn’t do anything else, however, to instill confidence in those that don’t believe he has what it takes to become the next heavyweight champion from the U.S.

Still, Mitchell (26-1-1, 19 KOs) clearly won an incredibly boring bout that didn’t at all resemble their first fight, a short slugfest Detroit’s Banks won by second-round TKO six months ago in Atlantic City. All three judges — Waleska Roldan (115-112), Michael Ross (117-109) and Don Trella (114-112) — scored Mitchell the winner, though fans loudly booed after the decision was announced.

"I felt confident," said Mitchell, of Brandywine, Md. "Banks was looking to counter-punch only. I had to be smart and stick to my game plan. I felt I won eight out of 12 rounds, at worst seven out of 12.

"He hurt me in the third round, but I recovered. I was ready to go 12 rounds and with my stamina, I could’ve gone 15."

Banks (29-2-1, 19 KOs) hurt Mitchell with a right hand to the side of the head in the third round. He appeared on his way to another knockout victory, but Banks basically stopped throwing punches after that round.