British Title bout won't be a Distraction says Dickens

Mofo2

Jazza Dickens continues his march towards title honours when he faces Barcelona based Nicaraguan Reinaldo Cajina, on the undercard of David Price's rematch with Tony Thompson at the Liverpool Echo Arena on 6th July. The fighter, from the Everton district of Liverpool, has been a professional since 2011 and has quickly amassed a record 15-0(5). The 22 year old is having his third fight in just over three months and is a fighter who loves to stay active. It's well known in the boxing world just how hard he trains, and he can often be seen pounding the streets at a time when his only companions are foxes, late night revellers returning home and taxi drivers on a night collar.

For the first time in his career Dickens went on a training camp away from his home city of Liverpool, recently spending a week in Belfast with stable mate Kevin Satchell. Jazza is pleased with how the preparations for this fight have gone and told me, "Training has been going brilliant. Me and Kevin Satchell went over to Belfast and sparred James Tennyson. I've also had great sparring over here in Liverpool and my training is going well."

Jazza last fought less than six weeks ago, when he defeated Dai Davies, and believes the short gap between fights has been good for him, "I was out six weeks ago, and we've done the usual. We came in and discussed tactics with Paul and Mick [stevenson] to see where we needed to improve and what needs to be done for the next fight. I've been in training now since the beginning of the year, but it's what I like to do. It means I stay on my weight and don't need to worry about that."

Cajina fought recently in England, when he dropped a decision to Macclesfield's Liam Hanhrahan. Whilst Jazza didn't see that fight, he has seen some footage of Cajina, "I didn't see the Hanrahan fight but I heard he gave him a tough bout. We have managed to get some footage of him from YouTube and Paul and Mick have come up with a plan to beat him." Recently the BBBoC ordered that the fight for the vacant British Title against Kid Galahad be put out to purse bids. Whilst the fight has been mooted for some time, it's not something Dickens is looking ahead to just yet, "I've got a fight next week and that's all I'm concentrating on for now. I'll talk about that fight when it's nearer the date."