Lucas Matthysse: Danny Garcia says he's the best, he should prove it

blackrican23

Lucas Matthysse says he's ready for a showdown at 140 pounds with Danny Garcia, which would prove who the division's top dog really is, but that Garcia is for whatever reason hesitant to finalize the deal.

"We clearly have wanted this fight for sometime. We clearly are doing everything we can to make this fight happen with Garcia but it seems to be Garcia or Garcia's team are the ones hesitant on making a fight with me for whatever reason. ... I want the best, I want this fight, I want to show who Lucas Matthysse is. It's up to Danny now. He says he is the best. What better way to prove it than to fight each other?"

I'm not saying it means everything -- hell, I'm not saying it means anything -- but public sentiment right now is piling up against Garcia (26-0, 16 KO), and one of the running gags since Matthysse's win over Lamont Peterson has been the shot of Danny Garcia ringside, looking a little intimidated (or so goes the public perception, anyway).

The talk of a Garcia-Zab Judah rematch instead has also been met very poorly by those who have heard the chatter. If he wants the respect of the audience, there's really nowhere for Garcia to go but a fight with Matthysse. This is seen as a must-make bout. It's rare we have the opportunity to see the true best at a weight go head-to-head, and this fight should be easy to make, though so far it's been anything but.

Golden Boy Promotions are continuing to say that the fight will happen.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/6/30/4481696/lucas-matthysse-danny-garcia-says-hes-the-best-he-should-prove-it

oh I agree and have rooted against him a few times, but heart , determination , good chin, good punch those things don't jump out( aside from lucky ko's as you put it )

you labeled him as a trash talker which is totally untrue , his pops is another story, but quite Danny carries a pretty big stick it seems