Froch, Groves May Collide in 2013 Blockbuster

blackrican23

www.boxingscene.com

Eddie Hearn says that a huge all-British super middleweight World title showdown between IBF and WBA champion Carl Froch and unbeaten Commonwealth champion George Groves could happen later this year.

Reacting to reports this morning that the IBF have ordered Froch to face mandatory challenger Groves, Hearn, who promotes both fighters, clarified the position on both boxers and the potential of a clash between the champ, who turns 36 today, and the 25 year old Londoner.

“We are in talks regarding a potential blockbuster domestic fight later this year,†said Hearn. “Both fighters have plenty of options and although it’s a fight we originally envisaged for next summer, if it makes sense for both fighters, neither has a problem with making it happen.â€

An announcement will be made next week regarding future plans for both fighters.

seems IBF has put Groves in a tough position , the lad has shown marked improvement since his fight with Chunky Degale but I don't see him as ready for the likes of Froch at the moment

IMO its his best interest to wait a few more fights

• Members

seems IBF has put Groves in a tough position , the lad has shown marked improvement since his fight with Chunky Degale but I don't see him as ready for the likes of Froch at the moment

IMO its his best interest to wait a few more fights

Really, you and others are laying too much into Froch's victories over Bute and Kessler. Don't act like he's some defensive genius like Ward or a killer puncher like Adonis. He's good at what he does but he's not unbeatable. Groves just shouldn't rush in a fight too soon but I can see him doing well even if he fights him now.

Maybe my friend, maybe...but I think u will found out eventually Im not.:cheah

Yeah yeah yeah like you say every time he fights :wave

you and others are laying too much into Froch's victories over Bute and Kessler.

you can start there but it a lot more than 2 wins