Cotto aiming for October 5 comeback with Freddie Roach

blackrican23

The three-time world champion Miguel Cotto (37-4, 20 KO’s), who allegedly agreed with trainer Freddie Roach will return to action on October 5 in a feature that could be a co-promotion of his company Miguel Cotto Promotions and Top Rank. Cotto is expected to begin training in August in Florida. He began his career with Top Rank, but a few years ago decided to become a free agent and promote his own fights.

His opponent has not been named but names mentioned include Vanes Martirosyan (32-0-1, 21 KOs), Demetrius Andrade (19-0, 13 KOs), Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12 KOs) and Sergey Rabchenko (23-0, 17 KOs) without discarding Zaurbek Baysangurov (28-1, 20 KOs), the 154-pound champion in the WBO, and Carlos Molina (21-5-2 and 6 KOs).

The fight could be televised by HBO although Showtime is still in the running and New York City will be the location

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/cotto-aiming-for-october-5-comeback-with-freddie-roach-210981

Dunno......I'm wondering how Long Roach can go on for though, I seen him in an interview a couple of weeks back and the shaking is getting steadily worst!

its a terrible move , Cotto basically wants to train himself so why get Roach , who's one of the most expensive trainers out there to pay him for fuck all. Miguel has been down this path before , basically listening to only himself he will lose to anyone I believe at this point .

its time to ride off into the sunset

yeah I never thought it would be Molina , he still fighting Ishe for his belt

surprised HBO approved Delvin TBH , Cotto back with TR guess Arum pulled strings to try and ease Cotto back in , we will see how easy it goes